23 December, 2013

The 2013 'Most Beautiful Woman in the World' Tournament


[Editor's Note: BuzzFeed is going to be pissed they didn't think of this first --HGF]

There is no longer room on the Internet for another year-ending Top 10 list. (I'm just so glad I went through nine slideshow photos to discover that your best show of the year was 'Breaking Bad'.) I see these lists all over the Internet for all types of things: books, TV shows, movies, sports moments, etc. But for some reason the most important thing of 2013 is continuously overlooked.

Beautiful women. (Truth is, it's the most important thing every year.)

Because even though geeks rarely get the girl in real life, it doesn't mean we don't objectify them like the rest of you! But you don't care about who my Top 10 beautiful women of the year are. Instead, I care about what YOUR list is.

To determine this, I've created a March-Madness-style bracket to uncover who the most beautiful woman in the world is. Before I unveil the bracket, a few caveats...

1. The 64 women included in the bracket were NOT decided by me.

2. Instead, using six of the most popular lists on the Internet (Maxim Hot 100, FHM's Sexiest Women, AskMen's 99 Most Desirable, Men's Health 100 Hottest Women, Complex's 100 Hottest Women Right Now, Reddit's 100 Sexiest), I created a point system to determine the consensus 64 most popular/highly-rated women according to these popular lists.

3. Some of the factors I used to create the point system included: Top 5s, Top 10s, Top 25s, Top 50s, bonus points for appearing in all six lists; five lists; four lists and three lists. Only eight women appeared on all six lists, so they got big-time bonuses.

OK, you want me to stop talking already and see the bracket.

Here is the link to the Bracket

At the bottom of the page, you'll see several tabs. There is a tab for the main bracket, a tab for my bracket, a tab for GeekFurious' bracket [Editor's Note: huh? --HGF] and a ton of tabs that are unnamed that are reserved for you. So simply pick one of those brackets and claim it by re-naming it with your name. Then, fill out the bracket with who you think deserves to be the most beautiful woman in the world for 2013.


Actually, fill this out anyway you choose. Pick who you think is the most beautiful, or most sexy, or who you'd most like to have sex with. Or who you'd most like to date, whatever. It's completely up to you.

For those unfamiliar with these types of brackets, they are very self-explanatory. I filled out my own bracket, which you'll see on the tab to the right of the Official Bracket. If you have any questions/concerns/comments, feel free to message me on Twitter at @EliRosenswaike or below on the comments section.

For those familiar with these brackets, Mila Kunis is the #1 overall seed. She is followed in order by Jennifer Lawrence, Rihanna and Kate Upton as the other #1 seeds. So what I did was pair the highest-rated #1 seed (Mila Kunis) with the lowest-rated #16 seed (Helen Flanagan) and subsequently paired the lowest-rated #1 seed (Kate Upton) with the highest-rated #16 seed (Anna Kendrick). That's how I filled out each of the matchups throughout the bracket.

I was planning on linking to the hottest picture of each woman on the bracket, but for some reason it wouldn't let me change the names to links. It was disappointing, but that's what Google is for, folks. I had to utilize Google several times, either because I wasn't sure who the woman was or because I had to settle a close matchup between two beautiful girls. This is one assignment that was really fun to research for!

[Editor's Note: I had nothing to do with this --HGF]